May17:30 to 18:30
› Zoombie Jamboree (Grantville Online)Location: Your place , Online via Zoom - Open in Google Maps -
About the Workshop:
As Harry Belafonte prophetically sang: “Side-to-side, telly-to-telly, it’s a Zoom-bie Jamboree!” Join Nicki and Craig to play, sing and dance together as we shake off the week and look forward to a weekend of music, community, connection and joy. As always, at Grantville’s Friday night we’ll meet the workshop presenters, learn some shareable songs, and have a good chin wag to prepare us for the warmest, dryest, most comfortable and spider-free* Grantville ever! Instruments, costumes, props, toys, pets, sign-making markers and paper all welcome.
*“spider-free” may vary with your viewing location!
Meet the Leaders: Nicki Johnson & Craig Barrie
When not sharing their homegrown music as indie-folk duo All the Way Home, Nicki and Craig sing with numerous choirs and ensembles including early music madrigal group Tierce de Picardie, a cappella quartets Songrise and The Junkman's Choir. Nicki leads several community choirs across Melbourne and Craig teaches bass, guitar and ukulele. Together they founded the Melbourne Uke’N’Sing Orchestra (MUSO), with arrangements to suit multiple skill levels and a focus on harmony singing. Whether online or (when they are allowed to once more) outdoors, they encourage playful participation from audiences of all ages.
How to prepare for this session:
- Print out the music, or have it on a separate screen/tablet
- Tune up your instruments!
- Set yourself up with headphones or an external speaker
How to Register:
- This workshop is part of Grantville Online (CMVic Music Camp 2020). Check out the full program here!
- It’s totally FREE to join but please register online here as soon as possible.
- All workshops will be online on Zoom (you don't need to have a Zoom account to join in).
- After you register, you'll receive an email with a link, Meeting ID and password for the whole event.
- You only need to register once, regardless of how many Grantville Online workshops you are joining.
Contact Email: email@example.com