May18:00 to 19:00
› The chapel revisited - Ukulele Singalong (Grantville Online)Location: Your Place , Online via Zoom - Open in Google Maps -
About the Workshop:
Make yourself comfy, grab a beer, wine or peppermint tea, tune up the old uke and vocal cords and join Tanya and Jane for 45 minutes of online strumming. Uke songs you’ll love, including favourites from Tanya’s stonking chapel sessions at Grantville in previous years. Some easy songs, some more challenging – who cares? ‘Cos NO-ONE CAN HEAR YOU!!!!!! Just strum and sing along. Participants will be muted while we play the songs because the time lag makes it impossible to play all in sync together, but there will be opportunity for chat between songs too.
Meet the Leaders: Tanya Nolan and Jane Coker
Tanya Nolan plays guitar, uke, guitjo (hybrid guitar-banjo) and harmonica. Her dusky voice blends with Jane’s to create fabulous harmony.
Jane Coker grew up in the UK folk scene. Surrounded by harmony singing since she was a kid she has a deep love for songs that can be sung in harmony by as many people as possible! She plays mandolin, clarinet, whistles and saxophone – and uke of course!
Both are community music facilitators with easy, welcoming, approaches and a love for irreverence.
The duo are particularly fond of bluegrass vocal harmonies with some of their main influences being Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings as well as Lucinda Williams, Tracey Chapman and Traditional Irish, Scots and English music.
How to prepare for this session:
- Print out the music, or have it on a separate screen/tablet
- Tune up your uke!
- Headphones or an external speaker are very useful
- Beer, wine, or mug of tea!
- Google Drive Link: This is the link to a Google Drive folder that has all 10 songs in pdf format
- Download 1: This links to a zip file that contains the same 10 songs in pdf format. Some people find this convenient for tablets or laptops if you have unzipping software
How to Register:
- This workshop is part of Grantville Online (CMVic Music Camp 2020). Check out the full program here!
- It’s totally FREE to join but please register online here as soon as possible.
- All workshops will be online on Zoom (you don't need to have a Zoom account to join in).
- After you register, you'll receive an email with a link, Meeting ID and password for the whole event.
- You only need to register once, regardless of how many Grantville Online workshops you are joining.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org