Mar10:00 to 18:30
› Singing Under the Oaks
Singing Under the Oaks
At this gorgeous one-day event under the beautiful oak trees in Silvan in the stunning Dandenong Ranges, leaders and singers were able to reconnect with each other, with their voices, and with the fabulous singing community (with optional overnight camping for those who are coming from afar). The event was 'sold out' with some forty people coming together for this unique opportunity to sing, gather and nurture each other with workshops centered around themes of connection, wellbeing and belonging.
- Singers emersed themselves in harmony singing with songs of grounding and place
- They reconnected with their bodies, breath and voice in gentle, fun and loving ways through embodied sound practices
- They rekindled their joy and stokedthe fire of their creativity through playful vocal improvisation.
- They learned new repertoire and shared their favourite songs in numerous song-swaps
- They relaxed, broke bread and reconnected with friends new and old
It was a wonderful opportunity to come and make a joyful noise as we were finally able to return to singing together after all of this time, under the majestic Silvan oaks. Here's the program:
Contact Name: Nicki Johnson
Contact Email: email@example.com