› Make Music Day 2019 is on June 21!Location: All over Victoria! - Open in Google Maps -
June 21st is International Make Music Day; a celebration for every kind of musician and brings together friends, colleagues, strangers and neighbours.
Last year thousands of Victorian’s joined tens of thousands of musicians around the world to turn public spaces into music stages. Community choirs, jazz combos, city bands, orchestras, MCs, Ukulele groups and school groups in over 120 countries and 800 cities poured into streets, shopping centres, shops, parks and public spaces to make music together.
In partnership with Make Music Day Australia, The Australian Music Association (AMA), Make Music Alliance, and APRA/AMCOS’, CmVic are coordinating one of the biggest free Victorian community music events and programs of all time. Program highlights are listed below, please head over to our Facebook page to keep up to date with all the exciting plans as they unfold.
If you're thinking of putting on a music event somewhere in Victoria, please Register Here and CMVic will keep you up to date with ideas of what you and we will make sure you and your event are included in the national program of events being published by the AMA.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Make Music In The Hills for Make Music Day (in and around Emerald)
- The Factory Showcase (Richmond)
- Bernie's Music Land (Ringwood)
- Yamaha Music Australia Keyboard Festival (Carnegie)
- The Phoenix Project (Corangamite)
- Refugee Week Concert (Castlemaine)
- Guitar Jam at The Music Gym (CBD)
- The Music Place Jam Session (South Melbourne)
- Let The Music Begin (Cranbourne West)
-Latrobe Community Concert Band (Traralgon)
- Open Mic at The Hub (Preston)
- Kids String Ensemble @ MINPAA (Pascoe Vale)
- Multicultural Dance And Dinner (Rockbank)
For a national program of events, click here!