May17:00 to 17:30
› Leadership Skills Discussion (Grantville Online)Location: Your Place , Online via Zoom - Open in Google Maps -
About this online discussion session:
Online musical leadership: share your challenges and successes.
What has worked for you – online platforms, songs, experiences and how can we support each other’s leadership development online.
This session is aimed primarily at existing community music leaders, but feel free to join in if you’re interested in everything to do with community music.
Meet the Leader: Margret Crichton
In normal times - if there is such a thing! - Margaret leads two community choirs, seven ukulele groups, runs two acoustic jam sessions, works for Community Music Victoria, leads festival choirs, runs workshops, organises performances for her groups and for herself. She also finds time to cook, knit and read. In this time of physical distancing she is still running many of her groups online, getting her head around the tech options to make life easier for leaders and participants - bored? No time for that!
We can still make participatory music while apart - it just looks different right now. We’re all struggling with leading our groups online so in the Community Music Victoria spirit of skills sharing, join me to talk about what has been working for you, what has been disastrous or challenging and get some ideas and inspiration to keep yourself and your classes interested, connected and engaged.
How to prepare for this session:
There are no downloads for this session, but this CMVic web page might be of interest to those participating.
How to Register:
- This workshop is part of Grantville Online (CMVic Music Camp 2020). Check out the full program here!
- It’s totally FREE to join but please register online here as soon as possible.
- All workshops will be online on Zoom (you don't need to have a Zoom account to join in).
- After you register, you'll receive an email with a link, Meeting ID and password for the whole event.
- You only need to register once, regardless of how many Grantville Online workshops you are joining.
Contact Email: email@example.com