May16:00 to 16:55
› Improvisation for all (Grantville Online)Location: Your Place , Online via Zoom - Open in Google Maps -
About the Workshop:
Terry will be creating a wonderful safe place for everyone to have a go at improvising – and no-one will be able to hear you! This is open to all who wish to get started in improvising. All you need is an instrument, and it can be just voice.
We'll be exploring (or at least dabbling in):
- how to get started
- what notes to use
- rhythmic and melodic ideas
- having fun
Meet the Leader: Terry Cole
As well as being a member of The Royal High Jinx and a number of other groups, Terry also leads the Footscray Gypsy Orchestra, a community band that rehearses every two weeks and regularly plays gigs at events. He loves to give everyone a spot to improvise, and has developed a great box of improvising tricks. Terry also picks the mandolin with machine-like precision and sings like an angel
How to prepare for this session:
- Have any kind of musical instrument, which can be your voice!
- Download the tips sheets. You might want a way of seeing these during the session (either self-printed and lent up against the computer screen or on a music stand, or watching the computer screen, or using a separate tablet).
- An external speaker if you have a loud instrument!
- Download 1: 12 Bar Blues Impro Notes
- Download 2: C Jam Blues FINAL 101 201
- Download 3: Minor Swing Impro Notes
- Download 4: Minor Swing Lead Sheet
How to Register:
- This workshop is part of Grantville Online (CMVic Music Camp 2020). Check out the full program here!
- It’s totally FREE to join but please register online here as soon as possible.
- All workshops will be online on Zoom (you don't need to have a Zoom account to join in).
- After you register, you'll receive an email with a link, Meeting ID and password for the whole event.
- You only need to register once, regardless of how many Grantville Online workshops you are joining.
Contact Email: email@example.com