› Grantville: CMVic Music Camp 2017 - BOOK NOW
CMVic Music Camp 2017
Grantville Lodge, 31st Mar - 2nd Apr 2017
Amazing singing and music workshops for all, Saturday night bash, 7 indoor, spacious and accessible venues, several dedicated indoor sessions spaces.....there are so many exciting singing, dancing, playing, building, jamming, parading (and eating, sleeping, walking, relaxing) options for this year’s CMVic Music Camp that it’s hard to know where to begin! A family friendly event.
Come for a day or make a whole weekend of it - BOOK HERE NOW!
Join us at Grantville, overlooking Western Port Bay, for a vibrant weekend of music making, singing, and dancing, with sessions and workshops for all tastes and abilities. A chance to learn, participate, exchange, and celebrate. In 2017 we will once again be at Grantville Lodge, where there's seven indoor venues (so we'll be weather proof), loads of beatiful outdoor bush space, with plenty of cabin accomodation, on-site camping, and awesome views. Choose fully catered or self-catering, whatever works for you, your friends or your family - and there's even a volunteer run bar on Friday and Saturday nights.
The program's taking shape and we're really excited. We had amazing feedback from previous camps and some great suggestions for this year. There will be separate ensemble sessions for the louder and quieter instruments and voices, bringing everyone together in an outside gathering and procession. There will be around three organised activities going at any one time, plus a couple of sessions spaces for people to do their own thing when inspiration strikes, and a quiet space to chill out. And for anyone thinking about starting a group or wanting to arrange or lead a tune for the group they sing or play in, we will be running skills sharing sessions with experienced leaders.
Sessions will include workshops for horns, marimbas, singers, strings, and kids; with sessions aimed at beginners, experienced and everyone in between.
- Singing: Workshops with Polly Christie, Sarah Mandie and Jenny Theologidis; including Yiddish, Greek and other sessions.
- Strings: Beginners and advanced folk strings workshops with Brian Strating; uke sessions with Tanya Nolan and Margaret Crichton.
- Brass: Instrumental and percussion workshops with Lyndal Chambers, Andy Rigby; all in sessions.
- Marimbas: Workshops with Ian Chambers, Dave Paxton, Andy Rigby.
- Klezmer and South American riffs and rhythms: Workshops focussing on these genres with Andy Rigby.
- Accordions: Instrumental workshops with Andy Rigby and the all in sessions; 'Accordion Tips' workshop with Oli Hinton.
- Kids sessions: Six separate sessions for kids of all ages with Alena Schneider and Emily Hayes, plus marimbas with Ian Chambers.
- All-in ensemble sessions and procession: Session for everyone to play together culminating in a celebratory finale, capped off with a colourful parade for all.
- Plus impromptu sessions galore: With some of your favourite CMVic people to help them along, including the fabulous Jane Coker, Lyndal Chambers, and more - the beautiful chapel in the grounds will be available at all times for impromptu sessions.
- Chill space: feeling the need to sit down in a quiet space for a chat or on your own? There's a comfy space set aside for this.
- Buddies for Beginners: where absolute beginners, or people wanting to try out a different instrument, may be able to get a one-on-one tutorial with a volunteer on their instrument of choice.
And that's just the start, there's lots more to come - take a look at the final schedule here.
This is a family friendly event - fun is a priority! Checkout last year's Grantville event here and take a look at what everyone thought about it too.
RAFFLE PRIZES: we will be holding a raffle again when all proceeds go towards helping to pay for this event - if you have anything you could donate please let us know.
Who should come?
- Singers and instrumentalists of all interests and abilities
- Old hands and complete beginners and everyone in between - this is your opportunity to pick up that instrument you've always had a yearning to try
- Singing / music group leaders and those interested in developing their own leadership skills
- Members of bands and groups linked to CMVic's projects, such as StreetSounds, 4M, Singing from Country, etc
- Everyone! This is event is open to everyone whether a CMVic Member or not. If you've never been to a CMVic event before then this is the one for you! If you can't make it for the whole weekend then just come for a fun day out of music making with others.
Grantville Lodge is in a beautiful bush location just 104km South East of the centre of Melbourne, overlooking Western Port Bay, with comfy double rooms, basic bunk rooms, and camping options; beautiful bush and beach walking, camp fires, and a small swimming pool for relaxation. Full catering (optional) will be laid on at an amazingly low price, and a large kitchen and dining hall will be set aside for self-caterers. Advance booking is required so book early to secure your place, especially if you want one of the sought-after private double rooms!
Prices have been kept to a minimum to encourage all comers, and the price for age 5-25s has been set at a very special low rate for this event to make it accessible for the next generation of keen music-makers. CMVic members, as always, receive 20% discount - so why not join now? Concession card holders also receive 10% discount.
Prices shown below for accommodation include Friday and Saturday nights (sorry, but there is no reduction available for a one night stay), and all workshops. All accommodation has shared bathroom facilities. Mattresses are provided in the private double bedrooms and bunks, but please bring all your own linen, bedding and pillows.
- Private double bedrooms have either a double or 2 single beds, and several have additional beds available for the price of a bunk bed. Children over 5 in one of the extra beds in a private double room get a special rate, and a child under 5 is free, but may need to bring an additional bed/mattress.
- Bunk accommodation is clean and comfortable but spartan.
- Camping is in the oval near the buildings, and includes special low rates for age 25 and under and children. There are no powered sites available within the Grantville site, but there are nearby campgounds which you would need to book yourselves together with the day rate.
- Day tickets are also available.
If you have any mobility issues please contact CMVic before booking. All workshop venues are accessible and one of the accommodation buildings is accessible but we need to discuss your needs in order to make it the best possible experience for you. If you wish to book a bunk but need a lower one then please select that option.
- All meals: This great package is a fantastic bargain and includes all meals and refreshments from Friday night till Sunday afternoon early tea. Take a look at the full menu here! There are lots of changes from last year, including bigger meals. When booking, please indicate if you want vegetarian as this helps with numbers. If you have any other dietary requrement please contact us. You can buy catering options up to a week before the event (caterers need to know number at that point).
- Self-caterers: there will be a large kitchen/dining room made available for you, together with substantial fridge space.
- Tea and coffee: will be available free all weekend for everyone whatever their booking type.
- Licensed bar: STOP PRESS - please note that we are unable to run the licensed bar this year - apologies for this last minute decision. BYO is fine however.
- All of the scheduled workshops and sessions will take place in wheelchair accessible rooms. Some of the accommodation is wheelchair accessible, but please let us know if you require this as places are limited.
- Accommodation prices include all workshops, tea and coffee for the whole weekend.
- Concession rates of 10% are available for most categories if you hold a concession card (please send us you concession card number).
- But don't forget: if you are a CMVic member at the time of booking, you will be able to get the 20% discounted rate, so you will benefit by becoming a member. Join CMVic here. N.B. remember to login as a member before you continue booking to get your discount - if you need to renew then please pay your membership fee before purchasing tickets to ensure you get your discount.
- When you have made all your selections, don't forget to go to the cart and "checkout" to complete your purchases.
- When booking, please let us know if you would NOT like us to use any photos of the event in which you appear to be posted on the website or facebook.
- CMVic is a registered charity working on a really small budget, relying heavily on lots of fantastic volunteers. Please consider adding a tax deductable donation when booking.
Members (20% discounted rate) Non-Members PRIVATE DOUBLE BEDROOM (Book here) Standard price (price for 2 people sharing) $450 $563 Concession (price for 2 people sharing - one concession) $428 $534 Concession (price for 2 people sharing - both concession) $405 $506 For each extra person in the room (max of 2) Standard price $153 $191 Concession $138 $172 Age 6-25 $69 $86 BUNK ACCOMMODATION IN SHARED ROOM (Book here) Standard price $153 $191 Concession $138 $172 Age 6-25 $69 $86 CAMPING (per person) (BOOKINGS CLOSED - CAMPING AREA FULL!) Standard price $123 $153 Concession $110 $138 Age 6-25 $69 $86 Age under 6 $0 $0 DAY RATE (per person, includes tea & coffee) (Book here) Saturday Standard price $54 $67 Concession $48 $60 Age 16-25 $27 $33 Age under 16 $0 $0 Sunday Standard price $38 $47 Concession $34 $42 Age 16-25 $19 $23 Age under 16 $0 $0 CATERING - Bookings now closed (contact us to check if last minute orders can be taken) All meals Standard rate (no concession rate) $97 $121 Child age 3-5 $40 $50 Saturday meals (lunch and dinner) Standard rate (no concession rate) $45 $56 Child age 3-5 $18 $23 Sunday meals (lunch only) Standard rate (no concession rate) $20 $25 Child age 3-5 $8 $10