15toJan10:00 to 16:30
› Creative Voice Summer School January 15-17, 2021Location: 50 Wolverhampton Street 3011 , Footscray - Open in Google Maps -
It's amazing at this end of 2020 to be at a point where we can again look forward to singing together in a room together. The zoom experiments have been interesting, and in some cases have made things possible online that would not have been possible if we were meeting face to face, nevertheless, I'm very happy to let you know, on this "19th double doughnut day”, that it will now be possible to offer a Creative Voice Summer School at the Body Voice Studio in January 2021. It's time for some creative renewal!
Come yourself, encourage your friends….here's what you can expect:
Creative Voice Summer School, Friday January 15 - Sunday January 17, 2021
Keen to extend the ways in which you express yourself vocally? Love co-creating ensemble style with others? Join us for this 3 day Creative Voice Intensive at the Body Voice Studio in Footscray, Melbourne!
Dates/Times: Friday 15 January 2021 - Sunday 17 January 2021, 10:00am-4:30pm. Cost: Early Bird $450 (by January 1) Late Bird $490. Maximum Participants: 9.
You can expect:-
- To explore connections between voice, body, breath, and the imagination.
- Work with voice on the thresholds between sound, spoken word and singing.
- Bring the uniqueness of your own musicality and voice to what becomes a co-created community of sound.
- Share moments of experiencing and personal story that form the basis of improvised responses.
- Throughout the 3 days, attention will be given to harmony, melody, text, rhythm, ensemble work and variations in vocal timbre. Drawing on these elements will enable you to enter the realms of human experiencing using your voice and yourself as an instrument of sensitive responding.
- People who want to develop their creativity through voice, aspiring and established singers, improvisers, people who sing in choirs, and people who simply have a desire to sing with others and are ready to give it a go.
- Also of interest to musicians, voice teachers, music therapists, creative arts therapists, playback theatre practitioners and to people who love the immediacy of working in the moment.
Facilitator: Creative Voice is facilitated by HILDE KNOTTENBELT, who began developing this process in 1987. Since then she has led workshops throughout Australia, New Zealand and in Switzerland. Hilde has an extensive background in the creative arts and psychodrama and brings a wealth of knowledge and insight to every workshop. Hilde skilfully facilitates groups of all backgrounds and abilities, creating a relaxed and supportive atmosphere in which to explore, create and express through the medium of voice. Based in Melbourne, Australia, Hilde is a Director of Psychodrama Australia. She is on the teaching faculty of the Melbourne Campus and has a private practice in voice work, counselling and supervision.
Covid safe practices are in place at the Body Voice Studio (more on that if you decide to enrol). Get in touch with any queries and hope to see you there!
Hilde Knottenbelt, Creative Voice: Life Through Improvised Singing, +61 419 192 187. Info@creativevoice.net.au. http://www.creativevoice.net.au. Creative Voice 3 Day Summer School Jan 15-17, 2021, https://www.facebook.com/events/2637503013169432. fb.me/CreativeVoicewithHilde.