May12:00 to 12:55
› Blues Jam – Ukes and more! (Grantville Online)Location: Your Place , Online via Zoom - Open in Google Maps -
About the Workshop:
Join Jen as she takes you on a journey through the land of acoustic blues uke playing. We’ll be playing a classic Chicago blues shuffle that we can put to some Elvis songs. For new players we’ll learn easy chords to play. Then the more advanced players can be playing blues riffs and soloing ideas over the top. All levels and instruments welcome. Our session key is the people's key of C. Other instruments are welcome to join the jam!
Meet the Leader: Jen Hawley
Jen Hawley is well known around Victoria for her workshops and performances. She is currently a member of festival favourite, The Royal High Jinx and is a regular tutor at Turramurra Music Camp, CMVic's Grantville and many more!
During the lockdown Jen is working with Anu Grace and teaching gypsy jazz online. If you'd like to join 50 other ukers from all round Australia for an introduction into this fantastic style, check it out here!
How to prepare for this session:
- Download the songs and handouts below (Jen will also ‘screen share’ the music),
- You will need a way of seeing these (either self-printed and lent up against the computer screen or on a music stand, or watching the computer screen, or using a separate tablet)
- Tune up your instrument!
- Set yourself up somewhere quiet; headphones or an external speaker would be very useful.
- A notepad and pen (yikes!).
How to Register:
- This workshop is part of Grantville Online (CMVic Music Camp 2020). Check out the full program here!
- It’s totally FREE to join but please register online here as soon as possible.
- All workshops will be online on Zoom (you don't need to have a Zoom account to join in).
- After you register, you'll receive an email with a link, Meeting ID and password for the whole event.
- You only need to register once, regardless of how many Grantville Online workshops you are joining.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org