› Amberley Online - What a Day!Location: Online - Open in Google Maps -
Amberley Online (CMVic Singing Camp 2020)
Watch the full recording here (apologies for unintended break in the middle!):
- Part 1 (up to midde of 'Writing songs for Zoom choirs'
- Part 2 (from middle of 'Writing songs for Zoom choirs' to end)
Ahh, CMVic’s singing camp at Amberley. Lovely surroundings, friends, hugs, singing together . . . wait! How did we do all that amid the pandemic? During September and October your Victoria Sings team was hard at work making sure it could happen , even if the hugs were virtual ones. Everyone was able to catch up with old friends and meet new ones, learn new songs and share favourites, getting ideas for teaching online, new repertoire, nurturing your voice and yourself and having a really good sing. Oh, and did we mention the big sing in harmony was still a part of the event, and there was a party and late night campfire, with lots of familiar faces and the chance to chat with your friends.
This was also a great chance for those of you who find it difficult to get to singing camp as you only needed to go as far as your living room – or office, kitchen, back patio – wherever you felt comfortable and wherever you were in Victoria or beyond.
What was the structure?
- You can check out the program below. It was packed with fun, interactive workshops led by amazing workshop leaders and peers from the community music scene across Victoria.
- Participants could join one session or make a full day of it and join as many workshops as they liked - it was a great chance to try out something new from the comfort of your own lounge room.
- We used Zoom - if you wanted to try out a new voice then no-one was able to hear you if you didn'ty want them to. Download a Zoom Help Guide here!
What did it cost?
It was free! But this year we payid a fee to all of our workshop leaders, so a 'pay as you can' optional contribution at the time of registration was hugely welcomed. A very big than you to everyone who was able to make a donation!
Everyone registered their details through Humanitix and they received the Zoom link to join in. There were 172 people joining in from far and wide:
The full program can be seen below, with details of each session under the clickable link...
Sat 17th Oct
13:00 - 13:15
Welcome and introduction
VicSings Steering Committee
13:15 - 14:05
The Warm Up Session
14:05 - 14:15 Break
14:15 - 15:05
Wellbeing for Zoomed Out Voices
15:05 - 15:15 Break
15:15 - 16:05
Nicki, Loz, Jane, Emily, Craig
16:05 - 16:15 Break
16:15 – 17:05
Writing Songs for Zoom Choirs
17:05 - 17:15 Break
17:15 - 18:05
And The Songs Go Round And Round
18:05 - 18:15 Break
18:15 - 19:15
Dinner on the terrace – with open mike and videos from groups
19:15 - 20:00
Laid Back and Laughin'
20:00 - 20:15
Get ready for the Fireside Jam after party
20:15 - 21:15
Emily Hayes, Poppy Turbiak, and Tucker Hayes