CMVic in association with community singers publishes songbook/CD packages with easy to teach and learn by ear a cappella songs, rounds and chants. These have been written by community singing leaders, many from Victoria, especially for group singing. Our books are regularly reprinted and the songs are now sung by communities all over the world. The latest production, completed in late 2015, is 'Sing It: Songs of Wisdom, Hope and Laughter' which is a collection of 45 songs, written by community singing leaders for community singing groups and choirs, with full notation of parts and a double CD of the songs to learn by ear.
The following songbooks are available for purchase in our store.
- Sing It - Songs of Wisdom, Hope and Laughter: A collection of 45 songs, written by community singing leaders for community singing groups and choirs, containing full notation of parts and double CD of the songs to learn by ear.
- Short Stuff: Songs for group singing
- Victoria Sings: - a capella rounds, songs and chants for community singing groups
Other support and publications:
CMVic supports and nourishes Victoria’s networks of community singing groups and community choirs and their leaders with:
- A Guide to Community Singing Leadership: Written and compiled by Michelle Morgan, Foreword by Fay White, A Guide to Community Singing Leadership is packed with tools and tips of the trade for singing leaders everywhere, whether they're just setting out or have been leading groups for years. This publication can be obtained from our store.
- Leadership skills development: In the form of mentorship and leader support.
- Online repertoire resources: A huge list of material available from other sources.
- Singing from Country: You can purchase songs from the project as resources suitable for singing groups to learn. The 4 compositions feature one song each from ARIA winning songwriters Neil Murray and Kavisha Mazella plus the songwriting flair of Eva Popov and Carl Pannuzzo. Carl arranged his own song and the other 3 were lovingly arranged for singing groups by the talented and much-experienced choir-leaders James Rigby and Jane Thompson (Sing It, Short Stuff, Victoria Sings). (N.B. Lower Harmony for Dja Dja Wurrung is currently faulty - an update is being prepared) All songs are available from the store.