Make Music Day is on June 21st and you’re invited to be a part of it!
Make Music Day is a free celebration of music making around the world, taking place on 21 June each year. Launched in 1982 in France as the Fête de la Musique, it is now held on the same day in more than 800 cities in 120 countries. Each year, community choirs, jazz combos, city bands, orchestras, MCs, Ukulele groups and school groups have poured into streets, shopping centres, shops, parks and public places to make music together.
Make Music Day Australia, successfully ran as an online event in 2020 and, like all of us, is very much looking forward to being out and about in 2021. CMVic are proud to be foundation partners of this celebration of participatory music making, alongside The Australian Music Association (AMA), Make Music Alliance, and APRA/AMCOS. We are here to assist you to put together a fun, COVID-safe event to get us singing and playing together!
Make Music Day is a day of celebration of every kind of musician and brings together friends, colleagues, strangers and neighbours. Find your local events HERE.
Ways to participate:
- Create your own Make Music Day event where you live.
- Create your own Make Music Day event at your school.
- Contact your local council or a private business & ask for a spot to play! (Parks, plazas, shopping centres, community houses, senior citizens and community halls).
- Join an existing community event & add to the numbers. Check out the event list here.
- Open up your group rehearsal and make your regular session part of the day.
- For more inspiration see this Make Music Day 2021 Flyer
Groups will be kept up to date with everything that's going on, where other activities will be happening, and CMVic will be taking an active role in promoting the activities and groups involved. Join the CMVic Facebook Make Music Day page here.
We will be collecting photos and videos from participants too - so please take lots on the day and hashtag #makemusicoz
We look forward to hearing how you will be making music on June 21st.