Make Music Day is on June 21st and you’re invited to be a part of it!
Make Music Day is a free celebration of music making around the world, taking place on 21 June each year. Launched in 1982 in France as the Fête de la Musique, it is now held on the same day in more than 800 cities in 120 countries. Each year, community choirs, jazz combos, city bands, orchestras, MCs, Ukulele groups and school groups have poured into streets, shopping centres, shops, parks and public places to make music together. Check out our events from previous years!
CMVic are proud to be foundation partners of Make Music Day Australia, alongside The Australian Music Association (AMA), Make Music Alliance, and APRA/AMCOS. We are here to assist you to put together a fun, COVID-safe event to get us singing and playing together!
Make Music Day is a day of celebration of every kind of musician and brings together friends, colleagues, strangers and neighbours. Find your local events HERE.
Ways to participate:
- Create your own Make Music Day event where you live.
- Create your own Make Music Day event at your school.
- Contact your local council or a private business & ask for a spot to play! (Parks, plazas, shopping centres, community houses, senior citizens and community halls).
- Join an existing community event & add to the numbers. Check out the event list here.
- Open up your group rehearsal and make your regular session part of the day.
Click the 'register here' button on the left and tell us about a music-making activity you're planning!
We will be collecting photos and videos from participants too - so please take lots on the day and hashtag #makemusicoz
We look forward to hearing how you will be making music on June 21st.