June 21st 2018 - Save the date! Big CMVic program being planned... more info coming soon.
CMVic, in partnership with The Australian Music Association (AMA) and the Make Music Alliance will be coordinating what shapes to be the biggest community music event in Victoria OF ALL TIME!
This will be part of the international Make Music Day 2018, on June 21st, when musicians in over 120 countries and 800 cities around the world turn public spaces into music stages. Tens of thousands of amateur and professional musicians, jazz combos, bands and orchestras and MCs come out to perform in streets, parks and public places. Schools are encouraged to showcase their music programs for the public too.
With French origins dating back to 1982, Fete De La Musique crossed the Atlantic 11 years ago with the debut of Make Music New York. In 2018 Australia joins the party!
If you're thinking of putting on a music event somewhere in Victoria, please register by clicking on the 'Register Here' button. CMVic will then keep you up to date with ideas of what you can do, everything that's happening in Victoria, where all the other events will be, and any news about this fabulous world wide event as it develops. We will also help to promote your event, and we will make sure you and your event are included in the national program of events being published by the AMA.
See our Facebook Event and leave your comments and ideas...
Your community participation will play an important role in making all this possilble!
Below are links to some of the events we know to be happening in Victoria on June 21st. Click through for further information:
Christ Church Brunswick Open Rehearsal: 19:30-21:00 Brunswick
Caribbean Association of Victoria presents Caribbean Steel Rhythms 19:00-21:00 Northcote Town Hall, Northcote
- Morning Jam Session - Make Music in the Hills Emerald Community House: 10am
- Songs for Bubs Session - Make Music in the Hills 10-11am Emerald Community House
- Minstrels - Make Music in the Hills: Emerald 10:30-16:30
- Lunchtime Concert - Make Music in the Hills: Emerald Community House 11am-14:00
- Make Music In The Hills - Concert - Glades Aged Care Facility 13:30 Lifeview Glades Emerald
- Sing For Fun - Make Music in the Hills 14:00 Emerald Community House
- How to Jam - Make Music in the Hills: 15.00 Emerald Community House
- Afternoon Jam Session - Make Music in the Hills: 15:30 Emerald Community House
- Vocal Workshop - Make Music in the Hills 16:00-17:00 Emerald Community House
- Make Music In The Hills Evening Concert: 18:30-21:30 Emerald Performing Arts Centre
- Let's Make Music Together: A free event 16:00 Span Neighbourhood House, Thornbury
- Make Music Day Thornbury at Lentils 18:00-21:00 Thornbury Lentil as Anything
Melbourne Contemporary Choir 19:30-9pm Macleod
Sunshine Street Band & Brimbank Choir 18:30-20:30 St Albans Community Centre
Sing Strum and Shop 12.30-13.30 Mill Park Shopping Centre
Pop up sing song strum 13.00-13.30 Ross House, Flinders Lane, Melbourne
Princeton View Manor Allity aged care -International Music Day Concert 15:00 East Brighton
Open mic, guitar piano and and voice sessions at The Music Gym: 10:30-11:30 Galleria, e09/385 Bourke St, Melbourne
Galleria Live performance upstairs at the Galleria Food Court: 12 noon: Galleria, e09/385 Bourke St, Melbourne
Glee Club at the Pub 20:30 Burnley Brewing, 648 Bridge Rd, Burnley
Pakenham Secondary School Music Showcase 18:30 020 Princes Hwy Pakenham
That Girl Yarra Ranges Filming and flash mob (all day event until 3:30pm) Healesville
Guildford’s Big Night of Music as part of Make Music Day: 18:30 Guildford
Open Drum and Percussion Workshops for Make Music Day Allwood Community House Hurstbridge
- Hands on Drums Workshop: 19:00 Allwood Community House, Hurstbridge
- Drum Jam Basics and comfort zone survival techniques. 19:30 Allwood Community House, Hurstbridge
- Open Drum and Percussion Jam 20:00 - 21:15; Allwood Community House, Hurstbridge
- Baby Sensory Multi-Instrumental Music Class: 9:30-10:00 MINPAA Pascoe Vale
- Adult Ukuele Group 9:30-10:00 MINPAA Pascoe Vale
- Early Childhood Multi Instrumentalist Music Class 10:00-10:30 MINPAA Pascoe Vale
- Adult Guitar Group 10:00-10:30 MINPAA Pascoe Vale
- Kinder Multi Instrumental Music Class 10:30-11:00 MINPAA Pascoe Vale
- Adult Community Choir 10:30-11:00 MINPAA Pascoe Vale
- Kindergarten Class Song Performance 11:15-11:20 MINPAA Pascoe Vale
- Adult Piano Class 11:00-11:30 MINPAA Pascoe Vale
- Instrumental Performances 11:30-12:00 MINPAA Pascoe Vale
Make Music Day at Moe Plaza 10:30-13:45 Moe Plaza
- 10:30 -11:10: Lowanna Secondary College (MD David Williams OAM) 22 Moore St, Moe
- 11.15-11.35: Elizabeth Street PS Performers(Percussion) Jane Sultana 22 Moore St, Moe
- 11:40-11:55: Lowanna College Performers 22 Moore St, Moe
- 12:00-12:30: Latrobe Community Concert Band (conductor Anne Vinicombe) 22 Moore St, Moe
- 12:35-1:00pm: Coal Valley Male Chorus ( conductor Gay Michau) 22 Moore St, Moe
- 1.05 - 1.20pm Nicole Walker (cellist) 22 Moore St, Moe
- 1.25 - 1.45 pm Cameron Smith ( guitarist/singer) 22 Moore St, Moe
World Make Music Day! Marching to our own beat at Glenallen School, Glen Waverley
Make Music Day at Bernies Music Land! 11am - 16:00 381 Canterbury Road, Ringwood
Musical Story Time 13:00 Nathalia Library, 75 Blake St, Nathalia
For a full list of events happening Australia- wide on Make Music Day, click here