› Summary of current rules for music events29/Nov/2020
Music Victoria has summarised the current rules for live music events in Victoria: -
Audiences - All audiences need to be seated and wearing a mask (unless eating or drinking).
Musicians - Are recommended to be 2m apart and 5m away from the audience (this is a recommendation, not a requirement).
Masks are to be worn if you are performing indoors unless you’re singing or playing brass/woodwind. Masks are not required outdoors.
Live Music Venues (e.g. pubs/clubs/hospitality)
- under 200m2 can have 1 person per 2sqm (max 50pp)
- over 200m2 can have 1 person per 4sqm (max 150pp)
- outdoor areas can have 1 person per 2sqm (max 300pp)
The total of indoor and outdoor can’t exceed 300pp and the 200m2 is based on the publicly available space
Indoor Venues (e.g. theatres/music halls)
- Small venues (under 600 cap) can have 1 person per 4sqm (max 150pp) (small venues can seat less people) see https://musicvictoria.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=709f5f380a57787e70949ba24&id=381e8aa4ac&e=0b1c0e1ee6
- Larger venues (over 600 cap) can have 1 person per 4sqm (maximum 25% of the fixed seated capacity)
Outdoor Venues - can operate at 50% capacity (max 500pp)
Rehearsal and Recording Studios
- under 80m2 can have 1 person per 2sqm (max 20pp)
- over 80m2 can have 1 person per 4sqm (max 150pp)
Festival and Events
- There are plans for a phased return from 25% - 100% capacity and a 3 x tier system depending on the scale of your event (Tier 1 5000+, Tier 2 500-5000, Tier 3 <500).
- These are assessed via the Public Events Framework and involve submitting a COVIDsafe Event Plan
For further information go to the details provided by the State Government at https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/entertainment-and-culture-victoria-last-step?utm_source=Music+Victoria+newsletter&utm_campaign=cb3d687cfc-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_06_28_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7bbdf251cb-cb3d687cfc-711084770.