› National Boys Choir of Australia seeks Co Artistic/Administrative Director18/Dec/2018
The National Boys Choir of Australia is a Not-for-profit incorporated association which operates from its freehold premises in Ringwood, Victoria. The Choir was formed in 1964 and has developed a strong reputation in teaching and choral performance. Typically we have 50 boys in each of the Elementary and Junior training choirs with another 100 boys in the Performing Choir – ages are in the range of 7 to 15.
We aim to provide boys with an excellent choral music education based on the bel canto style and the opportunity for music and performance to contribute to a love of singing and the boys’ overall development, including self-confidence, leadership and interpersonal skills.
The choir is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced person to the dual role of Co-Artistic and Administrative Director. This is a key full-time position and the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the development of the Choir`s music program, working collaboratively with a Co-Artistic Director (part time role), as well as managing administrative and other operational activities of the organisation. The incumbent would also liaise closely with the Coordinator/Conductor of the training choirs.
The successful candidate will be required to regularly work outside normal hours - weekly rehearsals are held in the evening, several weekend workshops are held during each year and performances are mostly evening or weekend events. The Performing choir also tours for up to 10 days each year.
The successful candidate will:
- Have choral teaching experience in a school/educational role or extensive community choral leadership experience
- Be able to lead and manage rehearsals of the Performing Choir
- Preferably have classical vocal skills ; piano skills would be advantageous
- Be able to conduct a choir and orchestra in concert
- Demonstrate developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with staff and outside contacts, including parents of choristers
- Be proactive and display a practical approach with organisational, planning and strategic thinking capabilities
A salary package in the range of $90k to $110k (depending on experience) is envisaged. Further information about the Choir and a more detailed job description can be obtained from the ‘About Us’ section on the Choir website: www.nationalboyschoir.com.au/position
Applications, with resume close on Monday 21st January 2019 and should be addressed to: