› EOI for singing leader in Geelong27/Nov/2019
Sing Out Geelong Inc. invites Expressions of Interest for a ‘Singing Leader’ position in Geelong. Expressions of interest are invited from Singing Leaders, passionate and experienced, and keen to provide musical direction for a newly formed Geelong based community singing group in 2020.
To fulfil the role, you:
- Love music and have a passion for sharing a love of singing
- Are able to foster a love of singing and the confidence to sing, and at the same time develop participants’ musical and vocal skills
- Understand diverse repertoire including gospel, world and folk music and are happy to include repertoire that meets the needs of participants
If required, an accompanist and piano/keyboard will be provided by SOGI.
Who we are:
- Sing Out Geelong Inc. is a grassroots community singing group that was formed in late 2019 by Geelong West locals who share a love of singing. We want local community to get together and ‘sing out loud’ - everything from Irish folk, Soul to the Beatles or Paul Kelly.
- We aim to create a safe and fearless space where the energy, passion and love of music can be nurtured and flourish. It is purely for the enjoyment of group singing. No prior experience necessary!
- We value diversity of participants, of repertoire and of ability. From beginning of life till the end of life – we believe music making enriches and creates health, happiness and meaning in our lives.
To submit: Send your Expression of Interest Sue Buchan, President Sing Out Geelong Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact Sue on 0450 645 223 for more information.