› DHHS Updates for Singing or Music: Reviewed April 1529/Mar/2021
On 15th April 2021, the following was posted on government websites:
"Can I go to a rehearsal or lessons for singing or music?"
Yes. If you are participating in a music or singing rehearsal or lesson it is recommended that you keep at least two metres from other people in the rehearsal or lesson, and keep safe by singing outdoors or in a well-ventilated room.
You are recommended to wear a face mask when singing indoors or outdoors if physical distancing cannot be maintained.
"I’m a musician or in a band – can I perform to an audience?
- You can perform music in indoor and outdoor venues across Victoria.
It is recommended that:
- singers and musicians keep two metres distance from each other
- the stage not be positioned directly above the audience
- singers and musicians be at least five metres from the audience where practical
- performances are held outdoors where possible.
You can find advice and more information on current restrictions by visiting Arts and entertainment services sector guidance.
"I’m a musician or in a band - can we rehearse at someone’s home?"
Yes, but restrictions remain on gathering limits in the home of 100.
It is recommended that band members maintain at least two metres between themselves and others.