CMVic is looking for a VOLUNTEER Bookkeeper to work for a couple of hours each Thursday, from our office in Flinders Lane, Melbourne. This is a part-time role, (2-3 hours per week) and will involve the following responsibilities:
- Recording all income (including PAYPAL, direct credit and other transactions);
- Recording all expenditure (especially payments to our contractors and superannuation for eligible contractors);
- Accounting for GST collected and paid and preparing quarterly BAS Statements;
- Using Job Accounting to track the profitability of particular events or other endeavours;
- Generating monthly financial reports for the CMV Board.
The role doesn't require a qualified Accountant or even a qualified Bookkeeper, merely someone who enjoys working with figures. We would prefer you to have some experience with the MYOB small business accounting package – we use MYOB Accounts Right - but MYOB operates very intuitively and is very easy for non-accountants to pick up.
Extensive training will be provided to ensure a seamless transition into the role.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the role, please contact Deb Carveth or John Howard on 9662 1162. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August 2017.
Register of Employment Candidates
From time to time CMVic looks for people to take on occasional and temporary paid jobs. We want to make sure that people with a commitment to CMVic’s values and relevant skills are invited to apply for these positions. To help make this happen we keep a “Register of Employment Candidates” and notify the people on it when employment opportunities arise. You are invited to apply to add your name to the register. All you need do is check that you fall into one or more of the eligibility criteria below and send us your current CV.
- Have participated in at least three of CMVic’s skills sharing/peer gathering activities, and/or be able to express and demonstrate commitment to CMVic’s values and their application in communities; and
- Have skills or experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Administration and computer skills
- Facilitation of community music leadership skills-sharing
- Specialist topics relevant to community music making
- Co-ordination and/or administration of community based activities
- Volunteer management
- Organisational management
- Financial administration
Send us a brief covering letter and a current CV. If the eligibility criteria are met (as determined by a panel from CMVic’s board of management, not including the applicant) you will be added to the register and informed of relevant employment opportunities. CMVic’s full employment policy is available for inspection.
Just email us at email@example.com and we will send you a copy.