Local Catalyst: Outer Western Melbourne
Closing date for applications extended to 9am Monday 24 October 2022
We invite applications for a one year (initially) community arts engagement project in the Outer Western Melbourne area, see the GCM Outer Western Melbourne map.
- Part-Time: 10 hours per week for 52 weeks (i.e. a total of 520 hours over the contract)
- Position Duration: November 2022 – November 2023. We anticipate that the contract will extend, contingent on CMVic grant applications.
- Remuneration: $37 per hour, inclusive of superannuation, a total of $19,240 inc super, for the period. (All CMVic staff are paid at the same rate).
The Local Catalyst: Outer Western Melbourne will help community music leaders reactivate their groups and start new ones. Working with CMVic staff and a Local Action Team, the Local Catalyst will administer and support the development of networking and training that matches the needs of local leaders.
- Establish and coordinate the Local Action Team.
- Map existing community music activities in the area and assist in the seeding of new activities.
- Facilitate the development of a local community music practitioner network, coordinating communications and activities that enable local leadership development.
- Advocate for community music with local authorities and the public.
- Regularly review and report on progress against the grant deliverables with the Project Manager.
Click here for the Local Catalyst Position Description.
Key Selection Criteria
- Familiarity with the community arts and culture ecology of Outer Western Region of Melbourne and an understanding of the issues impacting community music and arts leaders
- Demonstrated capacity to form and nurture relationships that empower a sustainable community of practice
- Experience actively participating in (or leading) community music/arts groups, with an awareness of the barriers facing a diversity of participants to access community music/arts opportunities
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple priorities.
How to apply
Please submit a letter of application which addresses each of the Key Selection Criteria, along with a copy of your curriculum vitae, and the names and contact details of two referees, who will only be contacted after securing your permission.
Submit by email to Nicki Johnson (CMVic Program Coordinator) email@example.com with ‘Local Catalyst Application’ in the subject line.
For further information, or to arrange for an informal chat about the role, please contact Nicki Johnson (CMVic Program Coordinator) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: 9am Monday, 24 October 2022